Saturday, January 31, 2015

MEDICINE AND AMULET BAGS

Good Morning! Today I would like to share some of our medicine bags and amulet bags. Many times I have been asked what does that mean "medicine bag". In the year 2015 I suppose it can mean whatever you want it to. For me and how I learned about it in the Native American circles I have been a part of, it is a pouch that can be made of any material you wish. Leather, cotton, hemp etc. It can be plain or beaded, large or small. People can carry or keep a special stone, crystal or some special medicine with them. Some use it for protection or a special prayer. In my opinion it can be for whatever is your intention, your prayer. A leather pouch can keep something you hold dear very safe and protected. I have received some special items in and or around ceremonies I have attended and I keep these in a special medicine bag. I also like to keep some of my favorite medicines (herbs) in a special leather pouch. That is what I understand them to be.
Now let me show you some of the ones I have made. I really enjoy making these leather pouches for people. 

 BEAR CLAW MEDICINE BAGS


This bear claw medicine bag has long tied fringe and is decorated with tin cones.

<><><><>

SMALL BEADED LEATHER DRAWSTRING POUCH



This beaded leather pouch has a drawstring closure and is a great bag to keep a special carved fetish , stone or crystal safe and protected.

<><><><>

WOLF PAW MEDICINE BAGS



This wolf paw medicine bag is all hand sewn and is a necklace bag. 

<><><><>

WHITE DEERSKIN BEADED AMULET BAGS



This is a fringed white deerskin leather necklace amulet bag. It has a beaded sunflower.

LEATHER DRAWSTRING POUCH




This drawstring leather pouch is made in elkskin leather and has a double drawstring closure. 

<><><><>

FRINGED LEATHER NECKLACE BAG



A small simple fringed medicine bag to wear as a necklace bag.

<><><><>

BUFFALO MEDICINE BAG



 This very small handmade medicine bag is a necklace bag and has a burned buffalo and feathers on the front of the bag.
<><><><>
This is it for today. As you can see we have a variety of different sizes and styles of medicine amulet bags for you to choose from. If you have something else that you would like to have made special for you feel free to contact us here

Debbie 
from 

No comments:

Post a Comment